1. WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM AND ABOUT YOU
There are several ways we may obtain information about you:
Information You Provide To Us
There may be features of UNiTE Sites (such as making a purchase or applying for a job) where we may ask you to provide certain information so that we may provide those services to you. We may ask for information when you register to create an account, update your information, sign up for a subscription, use certain features, access, upload or download content, purchase products or services, enter into promotions or register for competitions, fill out a survey, refer others to UNiTE, request customer support (by email or telephone or in writing) or otherwise communicate with us. Below are examples of information you may directly provide to us:
- Contact and demographic information: your name, address, phone number(s), email address, demographics, date of birth, a unique individual password to create and access your UNiTE account, and other information about you.
- Product and preference information: your areas of interest, product preferences and requests (which may include allergy information), order history (such as what products you have purchased or browsed through the UNiTE Sites)
- Payment Information to complete a transaction: credit card or debit card details, shipping and billing information
- Employment information: if you apply for employment through our website, we may collect details as part of a job application, such as your employment history.
- Social media information: if you interact with our branded social media pages, we may collect information you post on those pages.
- Other Information you post or submit: we may collect information when you post user generated content, submit a rating & review, enter a contest, or contact Customer Service.
Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you visit or interact with UNiTE online (including our digital ads and content), UNiTE, as well as third-party advertisers and/or our service providers, use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about your online activity, including how you access or use the UNiTE Sites (“Usage Information”) and information from and about your devices, as further described below. Usage Information includes the type of device you are using, device identifier, IP address, the operating system and browser you are using, general location information, what site you came from to get to us, what site you go to when you leave us, what content you view or click on, what search terms you enter on the UNiTE Sites, and the date and time you access the UNiTE Sites.
Information Received from Other Sources
We also may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect ourselves.
- Account integration: You may integrate your UNiTE account with external applications and sites. If you do, we may receive similar information related to your interactions with UNiTE on the external application, as well as information about your publicly available activity on the external application or site.
- Account creation using a third party: If you create an account using your credentials from an external website or social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, profile and account information, such as lists of your friends, "likes," comments you have shared, groups and location, demographic information, and publicly-observed data (such as from social media or online activity) in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such external site.
- Social media plug-ins: Services like Login Radius allow you to use your Facebook or Google account credentials to log into that account through the UNiTE Sites. Social plugins or pixels allow you the option to post information about your activities on the UNiTE Sites to your profile page to share with others within your network. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of an external application or website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their "connections" or information about you is otherwise accessible through your "connections" web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other external website or interactive service.
- Business partners and service providers: We may receive information about you from our partners and service providers (including, for example, companies that co-sponsor promotions, analytics vendors, web hosting companies, advertising networks, marketing agencies, search information providers, and other similar third parties) which we may use to personalize your experience, to measure ad quality and responses, and to display ads that are more likely to be relevant to you.
- Other sources: We may obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may receive information from public databases or data aggregators that may include your demographic information, media consumption, previous purchases, shopping habits, loyalty program information or lifestyle preferences. We may also get your email or phone number from a friend or family member if they provide it to us.
Using the other pieces of personal information collected about you, we may draw inferences about you, reflecting what we believe to be your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, and attitudes.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from you and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect, as well as information collected across other computers or devices that you may use, from other online or offline sources, and from third party sources. This combined information may be used in any manner detailed in this policy.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use the information we collect or receive about you for a variety of business purposes.
Additionally, if you use the UNiTE website to connect with external services (such as social media sites), you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these external services based on your requests.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
The information we collect or receive about you may be shared by you or by us as described below.
Sharing of Information by You
The UNiTE Sites offer many ways to find, enjoy, and share content.
Your Activities: Your activity on the UNiTE Sites such as filling out surveys, reviewing and rating products, inquiring about or purchasing products, online communities, “liking” or “sharing” UNiTE content to your social media accounts or pages or otherwise interacting with the UNiTE Sites may be visible to other users of the UNiTE Sites and in some cases, publicly available.
Sharing of Information by Us
We may share your information in the following ways:
Affiliate Companies: We will share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates in the UNiTE corporate family, including Mars Information Services, Inc.
Service Providers: In order to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, process your payments, fulfill your orders, honor coupons, provide you with samples, enable you to participate in sweepstakes or make various other features, services and materials available to you through the UNiTE Sites, we may share your information with service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as companies that host or operate the UNiTE Sites; host our websites; send emails on our behalf; process payments; analyze data; provide customer service; postal or delivery services; and vendors that administer our contests or promotions.
Business Partners and Marketing Companies: We may also share your information with promotion or event co-sponsors, business partners, advertising networks, media buying agencies, advertising service providers, social media networks, and analytics companies or other third parties in connection with marketing, promotional, and other offers, as well as product information. Your information may also be shared with other third parties that we identify at the time you provide your personal information.
Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. We may share your information with any successor to all or part of our business. If another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to UNITE, your information may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Other Purposes: We may also share your information with other parties as we describe to you from time to time when we collect your information.
4. YOU HAVE CERTAIN CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
About Our Ads
- We engage in interest-based advertising by working with online advertising companies to show you relevant and useful ads based on information we collect about you over time and across different websites. This may include ads served on our websites or apps. This may also include ads served on other companies’ sites. To learn more about the tracking tools we use for interest-based advertising, see the Cookies and Tracking Tools section, above.
- You can control cookies and tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising provides consumers with the ability to opt out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, click here or here. Choices you make are browser and device specific. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with the UNITE Sites. To delete or disable flash cookies, please click here for more information.
- Certain third-party platforms provide consumers with the ability to opt-out of receiving interest-based ads. On some of these platforms, you need to control your settings on that platform. For example, to opt out of Google’s collection of your online behavior for advertising purposes, visit the Ad Settings page here.
- If you do disable or opt-out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on the UNiTE Sites may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account(s). In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests. Please note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive advertisements from UNiTE that are not customized based on your Usage Information.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy settings, such as disabling push notifications or turning off location services for our Apps. To learn more about opting out of interest-based advertising for mobile apps, please click here.
OUR DO NOT TRACK POLICY: Some browsers and websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Location Information: By downloading our mobile applications or using the UNiTE Sites, you consent to our collection of location information and sharing with third parties for analytics and advertising purposes. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by going to the setting feature on your Device and changing your preferences. If you do so, certain features of our App may no longer function. You also may stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our App from your device.
Access to Your Information: If you wish to verify, change, update or delete any information collected through a registration form on the UNITE Sites, please access your profile on our website or contact us using the contact information below. Please note, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
Marketing Opt-Out: You may always direct us not to contact you with promotional offers or other advertisements, or not to send you newsletters. To do so, you can contact UNITE by:
- sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- calling us at 1-833-24-UNITE (1-833-248-6483), Monday through Friday 9:00 AM-4:00 PM (Pacific Time);
- contacting us by mail at 3960 Prospect Ave Unit K Yorba Linda, CA 92886, or
- following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive. Your opt-out request will be processed within 10 days of the date on which we receive it.
Please note that if you opt-out of receiving promotional offers and advertisements, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account purchases or status, or our ongoing business relations.
We maintain standard security measures intended to guard your information. Please be aware, however, that the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe, and any email you send through the Internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception. You use the UNiTE Sites and provide us with your information at your own risk.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information and must keep your user name and password private. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
6. EXTERNAL LINKS
7. UNITED STATES ONLY
UNiTE Sites are intended for United States residents only and are subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. If you access the UNITE Sites from outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information, including personal information, to the United States. UNiTE may also process, share, transfer and store information about our users with third parties on servers located in countries other than the United States. Your personal information may therefore be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence. By using the UNiTE Sites, or by providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information to the United States and any other applicable territories.
9. CONTACT US
Attn: Customer Service
Telephone: 1-833-24-UNITE (1-833-248-6483) - Monday through Friday 9:00 AM-4:00 PM, PST
Alternatively, please go to UNiTE, and click on the contact us link.
effective date: March 2, 2020
Last Updated: March 2. 2020